Wednesday, January 17, 2024

In Mexico!






 I made it! Getting here was hard and long. The weather made it difficult for our team to arrive on Monday but we got here! Lots of delays and cancelled flights. What the devil tried to keep us from getting here, God had other plans!  

So my story is my flight to Atlanta was delayed. Delayed long enough for me to miss my connection! So what to do now?? Well I tried to get another flight to phoenix and the only one was at 4:30!  That isn’t too bad but our team was meeting up there at noon!  I took it and told our team leader and he said to try to get into San Diego. So I went back to the service desk, and stood in line once again! I almost said, screw it, I’m not standing in another line. But I thought, what else am I going to do but sit at the terminal and do nothing. 

So I am standing in line and I got the same service desk lady again. Thank God #1. I told her what is was doing and she looked. They had seats but they couldn’t transfer because it was greater than 100 miles. So I said, hurry and get my previous ticket back!! She said, oh guess what. A seat just opened up on the 11:15 flight!!! I said I’ll take it!!! Thank God #2!!! 

Our team finally made it to the mission house at 11:00 pm that night  going through the border at night was a little uneasy, but uneventful. We did get pulled to the side but it is probably because we were in a 12 passenger van.  That would flag anyone! 

I was reminded this day from my devotional of who God says I am.  Despite all the hold ups, distractions, and events, God says throughout scripture that we are loved, righteous, conquerors, secure, blessed, redeemed, unconditionally loved.  

So in the midst of all the disappointments, distractions, keep your eyes focused on God and his plan! 

Ephesians 3:20- Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us 


Bendiciones to all 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feeling prickly

  It has really been a tiring last 2 days.  Yesterday was a long day of travel. I finally got home at 1:30 am! We left Mexico at 5:45 am! It...