Sunday, January 21, 2024

Feeling prickly

 


It has really been a tiring last 2 days.  Yesterday was a long day of travel. I finally got home at 1:30 am! We left Mexico at 5:45 am! It was a long day.  And there for about 5 minutes, I thought I was going to have to stay the night in Atlanta! Here’s the story ( you know I got a story for everything!)

My connection to Atlanta, I only had 45 minutes to get to my connecting flight to Louisville. I landed in A terminal and needed B terminal. If you never been to Atlanta airport, that is not close to each other. I have to take a tram to the different terminals. So I found the tram and started to head to B1 gate. I was thinking, this is great because B1 will be right at the start of the terminal.  Boy was I wrong! It was at the very end and I was at B17! And the plane is to start boarding at 9:55.  It was 9:52! I was hoofing it down that terminal, dodging people, weaving in and out of traffic, going upstream! 

I made it only to find out that my gate was changed to A12! If you remember, I was just in terminal A like 10 minutes ago. And they are boarding now! I ran all the way back to the tram! I was coughing, wheezing.  People staring at me. I must have looked like I was dying! But this 56 yo gal did a run and survived! 

I made it to the gate and they had just started to board.  I made it! I got a good seat and made it back home. 

Today. I slept until 10:30! Then began the daunting task of unpacking! Why is it so hard to unpack? I had a ton of laundry to do too! It’s all done and now things are back to normal. Or is it?

Ask anyone who has gone on mission and they will tell you that it is never back to normal when you return. Every time I go, a piece of me has been worked on, changed. Experiencing a different culture will do this. It’s like I’m the clay and God is constantly molding me and making me into a better person by showing the needs and giving me the courage to follow through with the task he has entrusted in me.

This past week, I helped with the building of Ruth’s shop, which will help her provide for her and her family. I was able to give encouragement to Miriam and lift her up. I was able to play with the kids and give them laughter and smiles. I was able to pray with the women and pray over their children that we gave diapers to. I was able to be part of an amazing team and meet some people that will forever be in my heart. 

Gos can use you. He uses me everyday, despite my flaws, imperfections and failures. But I get up and do it over, everyday. You can’t give up, because you never know who you will  bless. 

For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.        Matthew 16:25

Be patient and stand firm because the Lords coming is near! James 5:8

Bendiciones,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feeling prickly

  It has really been a tiring last 2 days.  Yesterday was a long day of travel. I finally got home at 1:30 am! We left Mexico at 5:45 am! It...