I am finally home. Sorry it has taken me a while to get an update to you on my trip. You see, I arrived home late Sunday night, and was resting up on Monday. I had every intent to update you Tuesday, but guess what! I got sick. And I tested positive for Covid! It was an experience that you will have to read about later. But I wanted to share with you about the mission. It was a great mission. God was moving, for sure!
First, I'll start with the views. Look at the beautiful sunrise God gave us each morning. It was more amazing in person! This is the view from the hotel we stayed in.
We had a total of 3 clinics and saw a total of 408 people. Each clinic had a minister there that each and every patient was prayed over and told about the promise of Jesus. We had 8 give their life to Christ!
At the clinics, we saw a lot of people with cough, cold and fever. But the last clinic, we cleaned a lot of ears! People would come in and say they were having hearing loss. Well, when you look in their ears, they needed cleaning. Once cleaned, the smile on their face because they could hear better again, made all the difference!
Another story I liked is when they would come in and say they couldn't see well. We had some reader glasses to give out. I would have them try on the different strengths of glasses and once they found one they could see with, they would just smile the biggest smile because they could now see!
Some of my favorite patients at the clinics were the babies! I would always ask the mom, "can I hold your baby?" and they would always say yes. That is a highlight of the clinic to be able to play with them even if for a short time.
I had a great interpreter for my clinics. She was spot on and I hope to work with again!
This is a picture of the GPS, the road disappeared! I guess the road we were on was not yet registered in GPS yet! Thank goodness we knew where we were going.








No comments:
Post a Comment