Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Given a second chance

 


A second chance...a new start...a do over. We all have wanted this. I know someone who has been given this chance this week. And this is a gift, something not to be taken granted for. Let me explain....

My friend, as long as I have known him, he has been part of our lives. When I was dating my hubs, I met him. You see, he is my hubs best friend. So naturally, he became mine. I got to know his family and soon he became part of mine. He would keep me company when hubs had to work. I think he was there to keep an eye on me! He definitely didn't keep me out of trouble!

When hubs proposed to me, he cried. Not because he was happy, which I am sure he was, but because he thought he lost his best friend. I thought it was funny then, but now I know it was hard for him. But he became my brother from another mother! I have known him for 42 years now, through high school, dating 2 of my friends, weddings, kids, surgeries, cancer and now this.

You see, prayers have been answered. He has been struggling with his heart and about a year ago, he was told he needed a heart transplant. His heart continued to get worse and the last 6 weeks he has been in the hospital. Well, 2 days ago, our prayers were answered and he got a heart. His recovery is going well as to be expected, but the hard part has just started...to recover and live. 

The more I think about this awesome gift he has been given, the more I think about what had to happen for him to get this gift. Someone's family had to make this difficult decision to donate their loved ones heart so someone they never even met could live. I am so ever grateful for their decision, because without it, I know the road my friend would have would be very different.

Not everyone will be able to make a decision like this, and there is no shame or nothing wrong with that. I don't know what I would do if faced with that decision. But we are so grateful and thankful today for the person that gave his heart.

We all have been given a gift of life. Jesus died for us so that we may be saved and have eternal life with him. You just have to believe.

John 3: 16-17; "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."

 John 15:13; "Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends."

Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Given a second chance

  A second chance...a new start...a do over. We all have wanted this. I know someone who has been given this chance this week. And this is a...