Since being home, it has been a little crazy. First, COVID. Yes I got COVID 2 days after coming home. But I was back to work this week, actually last Friday. Thank goodness I didn't have to go to work 2 days in a row, because that Friday wore me out!
Second, I am a pickle making machine! My cucumber plants are outdoing themselves and I have more than enough for pickles. I love making them and enjoy having others like them!
Now my new "hobby" since being home is to start making photo albums. Remember back in the day, when we would print our pictures and place them in photo albums? Nowadays, people just keep them on their phone or computer. Well I am not sure when the last photo album I made was, so I am going to start with the present day and start a photo album and work my way back.
Today I got my pictures from the mission trip. And while looking through them and placing them in the album, my heart smiles. So many awesome memories from just a few weeks ago. One of them is with Rina and her pottery store. I LOVE her store. She has so many beautiful things. My favorites, the wind chimes. I have 4 so far. I did have 5 but one broke :(
But as I go through the pictures, I realize that our friendship took time to grow. It started with her son coming to our hotel, showing and selling bracelets. Then grew from there. Never under-estimate what God can do with just one person. I still have those bracelets from 2017 and still wear them. I now have some very pretty earrings I got this year. Everytime I wear them, a smile comes to my face and my heart.
What do you have that brings a smile to you? A memory? Hang onto it. Share it.
I am continuing to work on my new hobby. Printing pictures and placing those memories that brings a smile to me in that album to look at but to also share with others.
Proverbs 17:22: "A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."
Acts 20:35: "There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving."
Psalm 118:24: "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Blessings to all,

No comments:
Post a Comment