Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Giving back

 

Today, I got to help a single mom of 2 boys get a little closer to them having their own home. I was a volunteer today for Habitat for Humanity house build. My team framed her house and put up the plywood on the side. I am definitely gonna feel it tomorrow! I did A LOT of hammering nails and lifting big, heavy wood pieces. But it is all worth it. And I didn't even get hurt, no smashed fingers or splinters for me today! 




And she was there working alongside us. Doing the work on her house. This is no hand out, no way. It was great talking with her and hearing her story. We all have a story, some harder than others, but that doesn't make it any less important.

Until you experience giving to others, you will never know how rewarding it is. We can't do life alone. We all need help at some time in our lives. And to give back to others, to help them with what I can do, it is all worth it. 
Look for ways to help others. Volunteer in your community, church, school, neighborhood. Anything, and you will never be sorry. This is what Jesus commands us to do....Love one another.

Matthew 22:37-39: “Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself."

Blessings to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giving back

  Today, I got to help a single mom of 2 boys get a little closer to them having their own home. I was a volunteer today for Habitat for Hum...